Monday, January 26, 2009

The Scoop on 2012

More often than once the date 2012 has come up in conversation as some kind of deadline date for society. This paranoid prediction is based off the ever-handy Mayan calendar and the fact that it only runs up to the date 2012, or something like that. So the talk goes, when the year 2012 arrives we as human race may face some sort of calamity ranging from our all out utter destruction to just having to replace our old obsolete Mayan Calendars with a new one from Hallmark. What may come, we don't know. I'm even not sure if I believe in Armageddon (capital A) but I am curious to know more about this phenomenon so that I can probe other people's beliefs and hysterias.

So I plan on going to hear this keynote address at the Stone Center on Tulane's campus, Friday Feb. 6 @ 7 pm.

What an obscure privilege it will to be able to regurgitate some learned professor expertise at a drunken conversation in a bar later on to bring some legitimacy to the hype.

Knowledge is power. The end is near. Pass on your copy of the PaprPaper.

1 comment:

Paper-paper said...

I got there and promptly fell asleep as I am apt to do during lectures. When I woke up it was time to go the bathroom and that's when the reporters at PaprPapr called it a day.