Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A trip to Chicago

I'm planning to leave for Illinois tomorrow to go to a printmaker's convention. So that has me thinking about the trip I took there last August that I never really did get around to breaking down on this here blog spot.

As with any large city, there are a million and one cool places to investigate and I kept my itinerary open for exploration. But one place I was sure I wanted to go was the Field Museum and see with my own eyes Charles Knight's murals.



Luckily for me a friend's sister worked there and she got me in contact with her so that she was waiting to let me in when I arrived. Unfortunatley I arrived late, with less than an hour before the museum closed. So Ariel, the friend's sister, gave me rapid overview of the collection and rushed me upstairs to "the hall of evolution" (or "the hall of life" or something like that) where the fossils are located and then said goodbye.

Here are some sketches I was able to pull off before the place shut down for the day. Many thanks to Ariel.


No comments: