Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pick the Time

Good newsOld news
Not news because it never happenedthat came from this paper. My job is to go door-to-door each day. Last week after knocking on one door, I noticed this paper sitting on the stoop just like this. It looked like it had been delivered on Sunday, sitting there unread and unopened ever since. After checking the date, I asked the woman who came to the door what the deal was; surely that wasn't really the last Pre-Katrina paper printed just sitting there like that. She said "O, that? I was just about to throw it out..." I told her I could do that for her, thanked her for her time and scooted off with that bundle under my arm where it firmly stayed for the next 4 hours until my shift was up. Here are the headlines.
Too weird. Too many questions. For the record, I've worked many jobs here and there since graduating and the one at the Convention Center was definitely the worst. It should be pointed out it looked nothing like that architect's rendering. Here's another little 2005 gem for the Nolacentrists out there.

No comments: