Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brief History: the Prom


Honestly, I didn't know we had levees. Are they in Bordeaux? I heard about the water treatment plants getting swamped but I know nothing about levees in Tennessee. Of course, I assume most rivers have natural ones build up from sediment like what I see down here in New Orleans. But even those ones here didn't begin to leak back in 2005. They're strong

It was so frustrating talking to people down here about what was going on up there because I knew nothing but still more than most people down here. One girl brought it up at work. We walked in the boutique shop while she faced, the computer screen and she asked us two boys from Tennessee completely honest and earnestly: "Have you guys heard about the flooding in Nashville?"

Oh....ffffuuuu......[[[[[no shit sherlock]]]] Nashville is flooding??!!?!!1! was how my tone of voice began.

But fortunately I remembered to back off; at least she was concerned I reminded myangryself. Here's the site she was looking at: one of the best slideshows I saw online. Big up Boston.com for giving a shit. TIME still didn't own up to being two weeks late to the story..

O yeah but anyway (the library's closing, time to wrap this up) she asked me after I reminded her I'm from TN:

"what happened there ? did the pumps fail..."

Naw sweetheart...they don't live with pumps there.
But seriously do we have leveeees back home?

No comments: