Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seriously??


Are people seriously sleeping on this awesome Mermaid story I posted??
Its the best short story I've ever read! Just try to find one wasted sentence, you can't. Look fer one paragraph without beautiful haunting imagery, there isn't one!
I've gotten reports that some people are turned off by the idea of reading scanned script on screens and have thus neglected checking it ou. But I'm confident that you will find there is no need to strain your eyeballs if you click on the image once to open it and then click on it a second time to enlarge it. This makes the letters plenty big. Please read it; I implore you.
This pics come from another lovely little seafaring tale I picked up yesterday at the comic book shop. *ASIDE: I tell you there's no place like the comic book shop for me! When I go in that place it's feels like entering a cathedral on Easter Sunday: all my fears fall off of me and I just want to rejoice. I mean it, that place is better than a therapy session **(TrueStory about Me&Therapy, abridged from a couple of weeks ago- "Me: Well Doc, I've been feeling a little anxious about all the current events lately
Mz.Therapist: Oh I know, you're telling me! Get this: Yesterday I could smell the oil in the air!!
M: (yikes!)
T: But you think that's bad?! Let me tell you about my Katrina story...Ok looks like that's it. Do you want to come back next week?" !RealTalk:P)
But check this out and then go back and check out that shorty story by Gina Oschner (originally published in the Black Warrior Review, a great litereay mag from the Univ. of Alabama) This is from Abe Sapien: the Abyssal Plain, a dope comic book. Mind the shuffled up order of the pages.
Totally Fuccckkiinnggg Disgusting, right!!?!

No comments: