Monday, February 9, 2009

Value 2: Krew du Vieux


I've been stuffing my face with King Cake for a few weeks now, but the first parade that made its way down Frenchmen Street Saturday night really marks the beginning of the carnival season for me. Krewe Du Vieux brings the lewdness and political commentary like no other parade. Its smaller but the only parade that now marches through the Quarter and along Frenchmen which is why its one of the best. Being the snoopy, print rat that I am, I can't help but to pick up and admire all the awesome throws from this year. These people bring some serious paper paper: stickers, postcards, fake money, and satirical newspaper to boot. Whoa. I was in heaven, scanning the street for the most pristine products I could find that had already hit the ground, while my friend looked on disgusted, embarrassed, and frustrated by his desperate search for a place to make peace with his colon.

No comments: