Thursday, August 20, 2009

Text and Fluorescents


This was interesting to me to see on W.23rd St in New York City because when I first arrived to New Orleans these were plastered all over downtown in and around Canal St and Decatur. They were greyghosted-over over there and half torn down like they were in NY which makes me appreciate them even more. Illegal maniacal rantings on the street, despised by most everyone has my vote.

They're reminiscent of the guy who pasted up all the fetal skulls and anti-abortion slander about liberals around Music Row back in my hometown when I was in high school. More on those if I can find the peelings I preserved. Those were a big influence back in the day, walking back and forth to school and passing them everyday. I got a lightbulb like: Oh? You can just put up any kind of crazy shit on the sidewalks can't you?

No comments: