Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back in December...

In anticipation of the Senior BA art show opening soon, I'm finally posting the flicks from the print show I did back in December. For our final project we were assigned to "install" works somewhere. When I asked where we should do this, our professor replied offhandedly: " I don't know, the gallery downstairs I guess." That was about the extent of her enthusiasm for the project and the help she gave us.

There were only four of us in the class and I didn't want the place to feel to empty so I worked ahrd to have enough stuff to put on all the walls. I ended up with 7 works to fill the four walls I got and I worked harder than I ever had thru the months of November and December. Regardless, Prof's response when we she took it all in on the opening morning and saw all the spray painted stencils was: "But Bud where are the prints?" Ouch. She and are good at cutting one another down swiftly like that.

But I'm over it. Really. The show was still a success among the peers, who I gotta thank for coming out and supporting.




LAUGH TO KEEP FROM CRYING



Now Hanging in the Tilton Libray




MR. RED meets MR. BLUE

SOLD!

4 comments:

EACouper said...

I love how you label your images. That way when I click to enlarge I see the file name.

-Eric C.

EACouper said...

Also, I just switched my PC Wallpaper from a Michael De Feo flower to your octopus!

Katie Ries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Ries said...

I like the comic-spewing one especially. We should get you working with fabric. Do you want to be an artist at a large music festival in TN?