Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stairwell Sideshow Salon

Here's the new plan. Ever since I turned in my three submissions to the 15 person BA group show, I've been lamenting my choices, wishing I could've put in more stuff and having regrets before its all even started. With 14 other people in the show I had to make do with a smaller alotted space. Plus it seems that even though the show opens on the 7th, the reception on the 15th is too late for a lot of people to make since everyones leaving town and throwing their ocillating fans in the dumpsters.

So I'm thinking it would be fun to skirt both the exhibit and the official opening and have a side venue in the former graffiti stairwell on the night of Friday the 8th. I'm going to cover the walls with all my other stuff that I couldn't fit in the show and invite anybody else to post their work as well. Then we'll get some booze and boombox and have a little pregame session/art appreciation hour.

How does that sound? More to come. Stay tuned

No comments: